FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Does anyone know if capi long arm is in the mixed rosettes packets? I have some baby Drosera with very long petioles (I think that's what they're called).
By ChefDean
It's possible, depends on what the donor put in there. Since there have been three variations of the Mixed Rosettes, it depends on what you got.
The first version. I mixed up from extras in the seed bank. No long arm as we didn't have any at the time. Plus, it's an uncommon offering, so I would not have put it in.
Second rendition, possible. Evenwind probably just shook his plants out over a big piece of paper and sent it all in.
Third overture was sent in by Shadowtski. While he does not have long arm listed in his grow list, he will also admit that his grow list is woefully out of date. However, I do not believe we have tapped into his stuff yet.
In the end, I'm pretty sure they all have capillaris in some form, and seeds from a typical can exhibit longer petioles, it just depends on which genes are being expressed in that particular plant.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Ok, thanks! I guess I just need to wait until they reach flowering size to really tell.
By evenwind
There's no long arm in the batch I mixed - I don't have any. I did put in a lot of other capillaris, though.
Sundews69 liked this
By evenwind
Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that I put some warm-growing intermedia into the mix. Maybe that's what you're seeing?
By Sundews69
evenwind wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:16 pm Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that I put some warm-growing intermedia into the mix. Maybe that's what you're seeing?
Yeah, it probably is! They have very spoon shaped leaves.
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!