FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Ras
i need butterwort seeds that wont require dormancy or stratification
if anyone has any or knows a site that has some and ships to US please lmk
Ty
By Ras
PeatMoss wrote:Try Best Carnivorous Plants, I know some people who have had good germination with their Pinguicula seeds.
man! they have exactly what im lookin for i just wasnt sure about it being legit, (non sowable seeds or scam) because it says it needs 20$minimum for an order an ive just never seen that b4 on a cp site, and they have almost everything in seed form, just seemed to good to be true XD but you say you know ppl who have used it im definitely going to get theyre mix of tropical butterwort seeds. one more question, if they aren't based in America (which is where i live) would i not be able to buy from them? or does it not matter
By Grey
I'm not sure whether or not importing seeds into the USA would require any form of permits, I've been informed that it is required but I don't know anything else about it. Being in the EU myself I'm not sure who the correct authorities to contact would be, otherwise I'd do some research.
Grey liked this
By Ras
Took your advice and snooped around theyre site
I’m not sure if I can import live plants or seeds into my country. What should I do in this case? Do you ship to Europe, USA, Asia etc.?
We are located in the European Union, so we can deliver our plants to all European countries without any permits required. We are able to send plants anywhere in the world though. It is up to the grower to determine what are the rules for importing of the plants into his/her country and inform us of these requirements. If required, we are able to issue Phytosanitary certificates and/or CITES documents. Seeds may be imported without restrictions (there are a few exceptions). We always try to help our customers, so they can receive their plants without complications.

It sounds like its ok to ship seeds i just need to contact them to find out what the "exceptions" are
thanks for the help guys!
By PeatMoss
Honestly, the odds of your envelope of seeds getting seized are very low, but you may want to insure against the risk.

Here is a thread by someone germinating ping seeds, I think he got them from BCP:

http://ocps.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa ... hread=4686
PeatMoss liked this
By Ras
Honestly, i cant find ping seeds ANYWHERE eles other than from BCP
i think Im gonna have to take my chances and order them..they said they can ship internationally with no restrictions...they did say with a few exceptions but. idk
i want these seeds man lol.

what are the penalties if they are seized, (tickets, fines, ect)

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!