FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
Intheswamp wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:53 pm Next time at Waffle House or some place selling lots of regular drip coffee ask your waiter/waitress if you could "see" one of the filters they use. That would get their curiosity up and also give them some "ownership" of the filter inspection. Have your wallet laying on the table like your getting ready to leave a tip...study the filter a bit look at them as if they know what your talking about and ask them if you could get maybe a dozen or so of the filters. :mrgreen: You never know... ;)
Hmmm. Tricksy hobbitses
Intheswamp liked this
By Intheswamp
I've used these 3" pots and like them. They're as sturdy as I think you need them to be for a small pot and have plenty of drainage in the bottom. $10.99 plus tax for 24:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XX91RB1?ps ... ct_details

For larger pots, though not quiet as deep as I'd like them to be at 5-1/4", I've been using these. So far, so good. They're sturdy. I do drill a 1/4" hole just above the bottoms in the center of each side and also an extra hole in each corner of the bottom for enhanced drainage. The problem is that they must of bumped there heads...the price has skyrocketed!!! :shock: Going from $9.99 for six up to $16.19 for six (using the "coupon" they so kindly provide :roll: ). Looks like I'll be shopping for some difference pots, myself. Here's the link anyhow: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NN ... =UTF8&th=1
Jeanette56 liked this
By evenwind
Jeanette56 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:19 pm Have you used these pots @evenwind?
They look pretty nice!
I have and they are.The only downside (well, assuming the sizes are right for you) is that the flared lip makes the pot take more space in the tray.
Jeanette56 liked this
By DragonsEye
Window screening or the plastic mesh onions/veggies or fruits sometimes come in can also be used to restrict media from leaving the pot whilst allowing water and airflow.
By Gary
There's a hydroponic supply store near me, I get all my pots there for great prices. The Lowe's/HD stores want to sell "pretty" plastic pots, nothing wrong with that except the prices.
Intheswamp liked this
By Intheswamp
I don't think anybody knows what the word "hydroponic" means around here.<sigh>
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!