FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By TrapsAndDews
It seems that all my mature flytraps barely catch any bugs. If they do catch bugs, it's usually something like a mosquito. I have only seen a few big bugs that the plants caught by themselves. My small B52's, however, are having their traps catch bugs as soon as they open up. It looks like they're stuffing themselves with fungus gnats and other small bugs.
By TrapsAndDews
elaineo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:16 am What kind of chickens do you have, @TrapsAndDews?
I don't know what kind they are. We have two brown, one yellow, and one black and white.
elaineo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:16 am I put a few capfuls of Starbar Fly Attractant around my flytraps. Otherwise they catch nothing.
Isn't that the stuff that stinks really bad? :?
By elaineo
TrapsAndDews wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:40 am Isn't that the stuff that stinks really bad? :?
It depends. Some people think it smells like a skunk that got run over by a car. some say it smells like the inside of a port-a-potty at a KISS concert. I don't mind the smell because it reminds me of my old apartment where my roommate cooked a lot of Indian food. It grows on you after a while.
By TrapsAndDews
elaineo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:16 am
TrapsAndDews wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:40 am Isn't that the stuff that stinks really bad? :?
It depends. Some people think it smells like a skunk that got run over by a car. some say it smells like the inside of a port-a-potty at a KISS concert. I don't mind the smell because it reminds me of my old apartment where my roommate cooked a lot of Indian food. It grows on you after a while.
I don't think the smell will grow on everyone else in the house. :lol:
By MikeB
elaineo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:16 am It depends. Some people think it smells like a skunk that got run over by a car. some say it smells like the inside of a port-a-potty at a KISS concert. I don't mind the smell because it reminds me of my old apartment where my roommate cooked a lot of Indian food. It grows on you after a while.
I've had the bad luck to drive past far too many dead skunks on the side of the road. That stench gets etched into your brain.
By Camden
TrapsAndDews wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:44 pm I think it depends on where your plants are located. Maybe I should move my flytraps over to the chicken coop for one day and see what happens.
This is the result of living next to a pond;
a baby frog somehow managed to get onto my deck, on a VFT, and get eaten.
Attachments:
That weird disfigured thing top right; leg.
That weird disfigured thing top right; leg.
image.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 3627 times
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!