FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Feusjbbbs
I bought a venus flytrap 3 weeks ago and ive been noticing more and more leaves turning yellow and dying. Im not sure whats killing my plant, ive given it 6 hours of direct sunlight, i have been watering it with distilled water every 2 days(its sunny over where I live, so i think it would require more water). Please help
By ChefDean
Then it's likely fine, it just needs to adapt to its new environment.
Many of these plants are grown in a greenhouse, so they've had a sheltered beginning. When you get it and put it straight outside (I do it too), the existing growth will often burn and die due to the direct sunlight. The new growth that comes in will be acclimated to the new light level and be fine. In the meantime, keep it moist and in the sun.
By Intheswamp
Do you have it sitting in a saucer of water or do you let the water drain away. If in a saucer how deep is the water?
By Feusjbbbs
ChefDean wrote:Then it's likely fine, it just needs to adapt to its new environment.
Many of these plants are grown in a greenhouse, so they've had a sheltered beginning. When you get it and put it straight outside (I do it too), the existing growth will often burn and die due to the direct sunlight. The new growth that comes in will be acclimated to the new light level and be fine. In the meantime, keep it moist and in the sun.
Yeah, i saw it growing new leaves but those also died. Im not sure whats killing it now...
By Intheswamp
Hit the reply button at lower left.

Scroll down past the preview and submit buttons and you should see an “upload attachment” button. ;)
By Intheswamp
How tall is the pot and how deep is the water that it’s sitting in? Inches or centimeters.
By optique
I have a question, your media looks like peat/perlite. If so what name brand is it? is it miracle gro?
wcrosman liked this
By wcrosman
If you have a tds meter I would try watering thoroughly from the top and capture enough as it drains from the pot to check the tds. If its over 50 you need to flush it until its below that amount. If won’t go that low you have bad media.

Also the media looks rather dry to me in the picture.
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!