FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Krayziekg
Hi guys, I’m new to growing carnivores plants but I’m hooked already. I have a b52 and sundew but j I’m just ordered a jaws and really look forward to buying and growing much more
By MaxVft
Welcome to the forums. We are a very friendly breed of human, be free to ask any questions you like here.
By Bluefire
Camden M wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 am Hey! Welcome! I’d check out the seed bank for more plants.
Haha. Everyone gets their turn to point to the seed bank.

Welcome, newbie! We hope you enjoy the forum.
By Intheswamp
Krayziekg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:03 am Hi guys, I’m new to growing carnivores plants but I’m hooked already. I have a b52 and sundew but j I’m just ordered a jaws and really look forward to buying and growing much more
Welcome to the forum. Indeed, there are some good, sharing folks here that freely give guidance without looking down their noses at newbies!!! :D I think most of them are "enablers" :lol: in that they want you to be successful and go out of their way to help!!

As Camden M mentioned, the seed bank can be a great place to commit yourself to the hobby with. A couple of 2.5" pots (I use recycled annual bedding plant pots ;) ) can start a *lot* of sundew seedlings. It's not instant gratification but fun to work with and you can (but not guaranteed) to end up with a small forest of bug-eaters!!! :D They take a while to mature but you can get a lot of sundews with just a little time invested and two stamps. In addition to the sundew seeds you select in Tier 0, be sure to request the "Bonus - Mixed Capes"...those seeds sprout *very* well!!! :mrgreen:

Have fun!
Ed
By ELee
Welcome!
By MikeB
Welcome to the obsession!
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!