FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Kumie Trap
Hello Everyone! Been a Carnivorous plant lover My entire life, before college I had a decent outdoor collection that got wiped out in Hurricane Wilma- Fast forward a decade or so my kids are now interested in carnivorous "chomper" plants and buying them a single dormant Lowes plant and nursing it has bitten me with the bug again HARD. I'm not the most experienced and certainly rusty but have a fairly experienced botanist in the family whom I can lean on.(He like's pitcher plants more then VFT so I'm on my own with those :lol: ) I'm starting slow but am absolutely blown away by the different cultivars out there! Eventually would love a vigorous collection of Fly traps and then moving into the types of pitchers I like! We are planning on building a 10x16 greenhouse near the end of summer/fall to fill up and I'm looking to acquire/grow any adults as well as some indoor space for non acclimated cultures to begin getting back into the swing of things! You could say I have some repressed obsession to let out ! I'm happy to be apart of this group and so excited to have rekindled a favorite past time!
By Kumie Trap
SPELLING POLICE PLEASE GO EASY ON ME! ** VIRGINIA!!!**** :roll:
By Ewreck
Hello and welcome. Make sure to sign up for the seed bank and before you know it you’ll have more seedlings than you know what to do with lol. Plenty of selection in there for tropicals and temperates.
By evenwind
Welcome!
By Kumie Trap
Ewreck wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:17 pm Hello and welcome. Make sure to sign up for the seed bank and before you know it you’ll have more seedlings than you know what to do with lol. Plenty of selection in there for tropicals and temperates.
Thank you!! I'll def have it check it out!
By Kumie Trap
Panman wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:12 pm Welcome to the forum! This is the perfect place to feed your plant addiction.
Thank You! Certainly seems like I hit some paydirt!! :D
By Panman
Kumie Trap wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:55 pm
Panman wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:12 pm Welcome to the forum! This is the perfect place to feed your plant addiction.
Thank You! Certainly seems like I hit some paydirt!! :D
Yes, you did. I joined this forum in March of 2020. At the time I had about 5 species and 20 plants. By December of that year I had over 30 species/varieties/ cultivars. Now I have well over 120 species/varieties/cultivars and probably 300 plants. And it keeps growing!
By Kumie Trap
Thats Awesome! Have to include the Ma'am so we'll have some randoms but I'm too excited hopefully I can stay patient

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per gal[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!