FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By VF TrapperKeeper
Newbie here. Middle aged combat disabled veteran who has recently discovered the world of carnivorous plants. Picked up a VFT and became intrigued. Grabbed a 3 pack of a VFT, Cape Sundew and Purple pitcher trap online and got hooked. Picked up a B52, and now addicted. I have tried every every medication under the sun for my anxiety and PTSD and none has calmed me as much as spending time with my traps. I would have never dreamed that with my background and passions, that they would have lead me to this unique and exciting world. Now, I am trying to get my hands on a tissue culture of DC XL to experiment with! Stay in wonder and awe...it's healing for the soul.
Bluefire, Camden, Sundews69 and 5 others liked this
By evenwind
Welcome! And thank you for your service!
VF TrapperKeeper liked this
By Bluefire
Welcome to the forum! Glad you discovered carnivorous plants... Once they've trapped you you'll never get out!

If you want more plants, maybe check out the seed bank. It's a great way to expand your collection if you want to give them a try.
By Sundews69
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service! Like @Bluefire said, Make sure to check out the seed bank.
By Panman
Bluefire wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:58 pmOnce they've trapped you you'll never get out!
I see what you did there :lol:
By Panman
Welcome to the forum and the addiction, I mean hobby, that we all share. Plants and dirt are definitely therapeutic. In glad that you are finding things that help. Anxiety is no joke.
By VF TrapperKeeper
Bluefire wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:58 pm Welcome to the forum! Glad you discovered carnivorous plants... Once they've trapped you you'll never get out!

If you want more plants, maybe check out the seed bank. It's a great way to expand your collection if you want to give them a try.
Thank you! I will def check out the seed bank, thank you for sharing!
By VF TrapperKeeper
Sundews69 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:16 pm Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service! Like @Bluefire said, Make sure to check out the seed bank.
Thank you! Will do!
By VF TrapperKeeper
Panman wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:35 pm Welcome to the forum and the addiction, I mean hobby, that we all share. Plants and dirt are definitely therapeutic. In glad that you are finding things that help. Anxiety is no joke.
Thank you! They sure are therapeutic. I find the more I do outside and off of tech, the less anxiety I have. Imagine that.
By VF TrapperKeeper
Blackfeather666 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:37 am Welcome brother. US Army Airborne right here. OEF-OIF 8-) what branch of military?
Thank you brother! And thank you for your sacrifice as well! My eldest son (22yo) is in the Army stationed at Ft.Gordon, GA. I medically retired in Oct 2016 after 20 years and 17 combat deployments with the Air force Special Operations Command out of Hurlburt Field, Fl (where I retired and reside locally today) in the FL panhandle. I worked very closely with some of your brethren. If you ever heard radio call signs of Draco or Spooky it was me and my guys. Good to see some fam on here.
By Intheswamp
Welcome to the forum, VF TrapperKeeper!!! Just a fair warning….there’s a lot of enablers here!!! :D

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!