FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By cnrose
VF TrapperKeeper wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:14 pm If you are still offering, I just received a bunch of sarrancia and various sundew seeds from Chef and Pacman and would love to experiment with some of this. Thank you!
I wouldn't recommend using GA3 with Sarracenia or most sundew seeds, but if any of your seeds are Petiolaris-complex Drosera then I'd be happy to send you some
By Bug_cemetery
Just requested some Byblis seeds from the seed bank and I’m sooo tempted by the petiolaris drosera seeds but a bit intimidated by them. Other than the GA3 to assist germination are there other tricks or requirements? I’m assuming that they need warm temps- I’ve got a small tank for the adult woolies that is 85 during the day but down to 65-70 at night. Would that work or do they need 24/7 heat?
By cnrose
Bug_cemetery wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:40 am Just requested some Byblis seeds from the seed bank and I’m sooo tempted by the petiolaris drosera seeds but a bit intimidated by them. Other than the GA3 to assist germination are there other tricks or requirements? I’m assuming that they need warm temps- I’ve got a small tank for the adult woolies that is 85 during the day but down to 65-70 at night. Would that work or do they need 24/7 heat?
They're not too hard! I've got some germination with those exact temps after improperly GA3 treating (I was using Urantia Carnivores' GA3 paper with their seeds and misread the instructions and didn't let it dissolve long enough). I do think a proper GA3 treatment or smoke treatment will get you better and consistent germination, and I seemed to get slightly better germination in the summer when even nighttime temps were higher.
By Sharmagnep
Bug_cemetery wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:40 am Just requested some Byblis seeds from the seed bank and I’m sooo tempted by the petiolaris drosera seeds but a bit intimidated by them. Other than the GA3 to assist germination are there other tricks or requirements? I’m assuming that they need warm temps- I’ve got a small tank for the adult woolies that is 85 during the day but down to 65-70 at night. Would that work or do they need 24/7 heat?
May I ask where the seed bank is and how you request seeds?
By Camden
If you click on the three bars at the top right corner, you should see an option that says seed bank (or if you're on a computer, it should be in the middle of the bar at the top of the screen) :)
Last edited by Camden on Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Garden_Nymph
Sharmagnep wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:23 pm
May I ask where the seed bank is and how you request seeds?
Make sure to read the post with the instructions. Here is the link
seed-bank.html

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!