FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By tib777
I have a Judith hindle that just flowered, it’s around 3-4 years old and I keep it inside and yes it has survived just fine with the Texas sun even from windowsill (it does go outside for winter dormancy).

I want to propogate sarracenia, I have been able to successfully propogate pings like crazy and nepenthes and flytraps from divisions, and sundews from seed, but the only carnivorous plant I haven’t been able to propogate is Sarracenia. How do I encourage it to multiply? I can only see 1 growth point and the dry part of the rhizome I did put some little cuts in it with a knife right before it came out of dormancy. This plant works wonders indoors as it has officially beat the Terminix in killing those ants! It’s killed literally thousands over the years (from inside!) and has kept the ant population in control indoors. (They aren’t the big ants, they are little ants called azqueles in Spanish)

Thanks!
Attachments:
EC26B0D7-1DD0-48F0-89CA-42AE0CB19271.jpeg
EC26B0D7-1DD0-48F0-89CA-42AE0CB19271.jpeg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
By optique
Your not going to like what i have to say, but here it is. Full sun in the heat letting them fill with bugs makes them grow and divide fast.

By steve booth
The plant will reproduce under optimum conditions, it is as optique says I'm afraid, there is no shortcut to making it divide.
Notching works best on old woody rhizomes that wouldn't normally divide because of their age.
Cheers
Steve
Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!