FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Aqua521
So... A little bit of good news:

The tiny flytrap from a previous picture? I noticed a new growth in the past few days that hasn't wilted at all ^^! The other ones still haven't had any stable new growths, but they aren't getting worse to my knowledge...?

(I still need to figure out a good time to cut off the flower stalks. They're not even an inch tall, but the buds have already turned black.)
By Aqua521
Another update:
There's another stable looking growth from one of the bigger flytraps, but for all I know it's another baby...
The other of the two large ones has a small nub of a growth, but I'll remain cautious about that one.
As for the tiny one, the new growth isn't fully grown in yet, and the bigger leaves are in the starting stages of withering (granted not as quickly as the large FTs)

For the time being I have decided to move them into a slightly warmer space with more light (Though further away from the hot window from before).

Edit: I realize I circled the wrong place, the new growth isn't that light yellow thing, it's below it and very difficult to see, honestly...
Attachments:
Tiny Flytrap.jpg
Tiny Flytrap.jpg (111.79 KiB) Viewed 514 times
Slightly Less tiny growths.jpg
Slightly Less tiny growths.jpg (124.88 KiB) Viewed 514 times
Tiny growth.jpg
Tiny growth.jpg (155.7 KiB) Viewed 514 times
By Aqua521
What do I do with all the crispy leaves? They're not getting any worse (thank goodness), but a good chunk of them are still somewhat green. I fear they're prone to rot if I just leave them like that.
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!