FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By HeliamphoraWalnut
Ok, good news. I emailed czplats this:
Hello, how large are the Xl cephalotus? could i see pictures? ALso, are any heliamphora coming back in stock soon? Thanks
and here's what he said:
Hello Dylan,

XL Cephalotus are around 10 cm in diameter, Heliamphoras will be in Spring.

Friendly,
By BrunoL
Thanks, HeliamphoraWalnut!

I just received excellent news that I'm sure ALL of you will want to hear. I just received an email from CZ plants, answering all of my questions. One of the main questions was this:
Is it possible for you to reserve plants for us until March? Also,
can we request that you reserve plants that are currently "out of stock"?

yes, send me please your wishlist.

Can you believe it??!! We can reserve out of stock plants, and this offer is just for us! I explained to him that this was a group order from this forum and he said that since it was a major group order, he'll allow us to reserve out of stock plants until we place the order in March.

THEREFORE, the extreme preparation for this order begins at this very moment. Here are a few other questions that were answered.
Hello Bruno,

thank you for questions, here are replies:

Since this is an international order, I will purchase the CITES and
phytosanitary export permit. Will I require to do anything else for the
successful import of your plants?

important is phyto/cites from my side and if its possible import permit from you.

In your opinion, for a large order, would you recommend 1st Priority
Post or EMS express delivery? Which one would be faster and more secure?

1st priority is OK, delivery is in 1 max 2 weeks. EMS is faster but much expensive.

Just to let you all know, we are indeed going to choose EMS shipping. It's more expensive, as he stated, but it'll be more secure and faster. Plus, in total, we have 20 people interested in the order, with more to come most likely, so the fees will be very minor for each individual.

All in all, I think this will be a pleasant order. I'm going to do more research into import permits and see if I require one. From most people I've communicated with, one will not be necessary, but I'll look into just to be sure.

For now, I must receive your wishlists. Send them to me ASAP please. Preferably before February 7th. I will send a pm to all those interested.
By BrunoL
I'll first have to email him the wishlist, so that he can figure out which plants he can reserve. Of course, we are not guaranteed for every single plant to be available but I have to email him in order to see the specifics. I'm pretty sure, though, that most varieties will be in stock by March.
By Sumpfkrug
I'm interested as well,

but be advised that you will definitely need an import permit from APHIS for 13 or more plants.
You will also have to tell czplants that the box will have to be sent to a US customs/APHIS center. Probably Los Angeles, since you are located in Arizona. You will need labels from APHIS that czplants will attach to the box.

more explanation is here

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/gener ... rt+permits

If you are prepared to do things the right way, then I'm interested in joining the group order.
Otherwise, everyone who takes part in this order, is at risk of having their plants seized by US Customs.
Sumpfkrug, Sumpfkrug liked this
By BrunoL
Sumpfkrug wrote:I'm interested as well,

but be advised that you will definitely need an import permit from APHIS for 13 or more plants.
You will also have to tell czplants that the box will have to be sent to a US customs/APHIS center. Probably Los Angeles, since you are located in Arizona. You will need labels from APHIS that czplants will attach to the box.

more explanation is here

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/gener ... rt+permits

If you are prepared to do things the right way, then I'm interested in joining the group order.
Otherwise, everyone who takes part in this order, is at risk of having their plants seized by US Customs.
Thank you, Sumpfkrug. I really appreciate you bringing this thread to my attention.

I am indeed prepared to do this the right way. I thoroughly read the thread by Eric (Dionae), visited the USDA APHIS website and read through their policies and requirements. There is no actual age requirement for registration (from what I've read) so I am capable of completing this. Luckily, this order will not occur until mid-March so I have plenty of time to prepare. I believe that this will be a great opportunity, as I will be able to legally import plants from anywhere after I complete Level 2 registration with my closest LDA department (which is only half an hour away). Maybe I'll be able to lead a carnivoresandmore group order, if I familiarize myself with this.

I'm going to contact Eric and ask for more details. It'll be a long and complicated process, but at least I have time.

EDIT- So far, I've only gotten wish lists from a few of you. I'll send out a pm, specifying what I need from you all, tonight or tomorrow morning. I need to compile a list of all the genus I'll be importing as it needs to be included in the PPQ 621 and PPQ 587. I have to pay $70 for the PPQ 621 permit, which is required for CITES plants. Help will be greatly appreciated.
By SEWinans
Carnivores and More has amazing plants and excellent customer service.

It was a very stressful process though.

In the end, the USDA aphis inspection agent told me that our plants took so long to reach their inspection station that if they hadn't of known the whole story of our package (because I'd been calling all along and I explained the situation to them) they wouldn't have been able to accept the package. (Apparently the paperwork that was issued by carnivoresandmore was only good for a specific amount of time) The manager at the inspection station said to go ahead and disregard the rules for us because she felt bad about everything that had happened and all the delays we experienced. We came VERY close to losing everything and it was entirely out of our control.
SEWinans liked this
By BrunoL
Wow, that's terrible, Sarah. I'm sorry you had to go through that (including the paypal issue). So, the main problem with the paperwork was that it was good for a specific amount of time and it expired? Could you elaborate on that please? What should I do in this situation?
Edit- Can you pm me your entire process with the USDA inspection and all? I'd certainly like to know how you did it and,possibly, what you could have done better. Thanks!
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!