FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Savethetrees4life
CaliforniaCarnivores.com $60.98 “Scarlatine” & “Wacky Traps” VFTs
Ordered-Wednesday Night Oct. 6 & Received-Friday Oct. 15
Packaging was great a bit tape heavy Takes longer which isn’t great.
Attachments:
8704799B-55A9-4F0E-8CF5-09BB5D0A83C8.jpeg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 7351 times
9647E380-0B1B-4A6D-977A-6257603C2B52.jpeg (2.71 MiB) Viewed 7351 times
C73E990E-B688-4D4D-9310-DD8C77798525.jpeg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 7351 times
48874543-9A07-45F5-BA99-6D870CC391B8.jpeg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 7351 times
Last edited by Savethetrees4life on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
MaxVft, Kapahulu liked this
By Cross
They look great. I do like cc. But I hate that star moss. They're going to choke out those ulti. Plus it makes a solid carpet. Can't grow anything. Your plants looks great. I should get something soon. After my next fts order that I know doesn't have star moss lol.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

By Savethetrees4life
Thanks I agree they’re very nice. I got them earlier today and then went on CC to get the rest I wanted after I saw the quality.
I was wondering about switching that medium out for Sphagnum moss I got from FTS so thanks for the heads up about that Star moss
By Cross

Savethetrees4life wrote: I was wondering about switching that medium out for Sphagnum moss I got from FTS so thanks for the heads up about that Star moss
I usually rip off the top and then a little deeper for good measure. Then I just add extra medium. However, in my opinion, I like Spagnum moss the best. If you have it, do it. Just my two cents worth.

Kapahulu liked this
By MaxVft
@Sarracenia2004 great deal! Mind sharing where you found the code?
By Apollyon
While I don't really have anything against CC, I don't feel it's respectful to be promoting their flytraps and advertising on a forum hosted by one of their competitors.
By Apollyon
Matt hasn't been as active lately because of moving and life but when you talk to him, you can tell he genuinely cares about his plants and how people grow them. He goes above and beyond, providing plants for giveaways, tips, donations, trades, etc. I can say without a doubt that CC couldn't care less about providing that kind of image. Personally, I've acquired smaller plants for more money in general. A half dessicated pinguicula I waited a month to receive. Matt gave an inaccessible plant to me (Alabamensis) because he had a division and pulled a flytrap from his mother pot because I had been wanting one forever. That's the difference. Idk, I consider Matt a friend so having this kinda post bothered me. If it was a Nepenthes or something it'd be whatever, but using his forum to promote a competitor's flytraps got to me.
By Cross
Apollyon wrote:Matt hasn't been as active lately because of moving and life but when you talk to him, you can tell he genuinely cares about his plants and how people grow them. He goes above and beyond, providing plants for giveaways, tips, donations, trades, etc. I can say without a doubt that CC couldn't care less about providing that kind of image. Personally, I've acquired smaller plants for more money in general. A half dessicated pinguicula I waited a month to receive. Matt gave an inaccessible plant to me (Alabamensis) because he had a division and pulled a flytrap from his mother pot because I had been wanting one forever. That's the difference. Idk, I consider Matt a friend so having this kinda post bothered me. If it was a Nepenthes or something it'd be whatever, but using his forum to promote a competitor's flytraps got to me.
As far as I know, it's been allowed because they carry different stock. But I do agree with fts. They have an incredible stock and product. Their plants are always excellent. And you know what size you are going to get when you order. He knows when their dormant and tells you so you don't worry about size. He's very thorough in his instructions. I have never had a bad plant, ever. And the way they pot is perfect. I hate moss you get from Cc. But their drosera are decent, minus the moss. I love that you get ultis. I may see if the seed bank has them for next month. I ordered a people ambush and it was supposed to be an adult or mature,I can't remember. But the one I got was tiny, so small. They swear it was dormant, but it wasn't the season. And that moss has spread all over. I have to repot everything. I'm going to wash the plants and see if it will help to stop the spread of that cancerous to plants, plant. It killed all the ultis I had in another pot.

MaxVft liked this
By Savethetrees4life
I simply saw it helpful to show my order because ppl ask the question on here including myself. I’m not an advertisement anything. I order from them both as my prior posts show. My priority is basically to acquire cultivars I find interesting and I think everyone has a right to know what they’re purchasing via the interweb with as much freedom of knowledge as possible and pictures tell the tale.
:|
Also I’m not a big fan of the moss either.
By Savethetrees4life
Then u need to go thru the forums and question the others who do this only without photos. also rebuff those who ask the questions. If sharing my Carnivorous plant purchase in the carnivorous plant sales sites forum specifically is incorrect then I truly don’t understand why we’re all here.
By Apollyon
Oh, I had deleted that comment after giving it some thought. I'm willing to bet they weren't talking flytraps but I'm not going to storm the archives looking for it either. I don't intend to continue this.
By Savethetrees4life
Fair enough. My intent has never been to disrespect Matt I have read a WebMD article written about him I thought was admirable
https://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20181 ... xperts-say
I have seen your plants they look quite nice.
I apologize for my missteps.
By Apollyon
Yeah, he's a good guy. You can see his posts and tell he really cares about it and propagating the hobby and interacts with his customers. I have to respect that because a lot of people or companies just try to clone looking for a payout.

I appreciate that, thanks! Don't let this conversation deter you from asking me about anything either. I'll try to help if I can.
I apologize for going on the offensive like that. I hope your plants grow well next season
Savethetrees4life liked this

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!