FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
I had my plants on a cool windowsill in my basement but I needed to move them away from the window to where it was warmer because we are redoing our basement. Most of my plants have woken up and are growing now! Can I take snow from my yard and put them on my plants to keep them dormant?
By Sundews69
:/ well that's annoying. I can't just put them back into dormancy? Or will that screw up there sleep schedule for next year? If I can't put them back into dormancy, they'll be fine for one winter without it, right?
By Huntsmanshorn
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:33 am :/ well that's annoying. I can't just put them back into dormancy?
Sorry, not a light switch, can't just turn things on and off.
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:33 am Or will that screw up there sleep schedule for next year?
Nah, probably just kill um dead.
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:33 am If I can't put them back into dormancy, they'll be fine for one winter without it, right?
Yup, shouldn't be a problem, but you might want to be careful in the future.
By Sundews69
Well at least they got a month of it
Camden M wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:08 am For right now you might just want to put them under those lights that you said emit too much heat.
Really?
By Camden
Well, that is, if you haven’t any use for them rn. I know that my VFT’s do just fine with temps rocketing into the 120’s. It might actually make them grow better, imitating the environment they naturally grow in.
By Sundews69
I am still using the light but I could probably make room. I just don't the change in temperature to be too abrupt. Maybe I'll wait a little longer because I should be getting new lights for either my birthday (which is very soon) or Christmas. Then it shouldn't to big of a change.
Camden liked this
By Sundews69
Yeah, I like to think of it like you just turned on a bright light in someone's room while they were sleeping. I've had some crazy ones too lol
Camden liked this

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!