FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Anthony
I ordered a plant from this company on March 26th, and received an order confirmation later that day. After not getting an shipment info, or delivery, I tried contacting the company on April 5th. The phone went to VM, and no return call. So I emailed asking for tracking information, and again no answer. I tried again on April 9th, and finally got an email reply, which Robert Crespo stated that the plant was shipped yesterday - April 8th, and the shipping info was sent....check my spam....nothing. I replied saying I checked spam and no message, and asked again for the shipping info. The plant did not arrive on the 11th or the 12th, so I sent another message to see what was going on.

Robert replied on the 13th, stating that the plant was actually shipped on the 1st and attempted delivery on the 3rd, and was now at my local Post Office. I will have to go tomorrow and pick it up from the Post Office, and hope its still alive and well.

I am not 1 to complain about every little thing and realize that things happens sometimes, but this is very frustrating. I have ordered plants from many different venders over the years and never had an experience like this.
BugBitingPlants will not be getting my business and and I don't recommend them to anyone

UPDATE:
I went to the PO and picked up the VFT. It was not in good shape at all.
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1079.jpg (14.69 KiB) Viewed 10619 times
I contacted Mr Crespo again to let him know and show him the plant. He said he would like to send me another, but this particular plant (Yellow) was out of stock, but he would send me a plant of my choosing. I didn't see any other plants that I wanted, as the Yellow was a plant i've been searching for. But I figured i should choose something...so I chose a 7-10 yr old VFT.
DSCF5571.jpg
DSCF5571.jpg (817.63 KiB) Viewed 10619 times
DSCF5572.jpg
DSCF5572.jpg (792.49 KiB) Viewed 10619 times
I arrived today. I was a little disapointed when I opened the box. Don't have any VFT's 7-10 years old. But I have many plants larger than this. [/color][/i][/b]
Last edited by Anthony on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
By Cory
I went through this whole ordeal last year with them. Just about the same really.
However when I finally received my plant it was the wrong one.
He said he would refund my money and re ship the proper plant but sending him the plant back would be required on my dime and if it arrived in a bad state I would be just out....
It was to cold for me to take the risk as I didn't have heat packs available without spending even more $

I can't recommend them to anyone nor will I be doing business with them in the future
By danielfivetoes
Matt and Leah are timely, give great product, and stand behind the work they do. It is the only place I will buy plants from. Over the last year I have bought about 1000 "baby traps" from them for the Rehder Garden and school groups. Out of that number I doubt I have lost 25.Those were due to my own ignorance and learning curve.
By Cheechdrew1
My wife and I ordered a drosera 6pk and a sarrecenia 6pk and they were HORRIBLE! CAME IN STATER BROS PLASTIC BAGS IN A BEAT UP BOX AS IF SOMEONE THREW IT AGAINST THE WALL! ALL OF THEM WERE ALMOST COMPLETEY DEAD AND 4 DROSERAS DIDNT EVEN HAVE A CHANCE! THEY ARE DEAD! :( So dissapointed... in all do not give these guys your business PLEASE. They do not deserve it and they treat their mad customers like its their fault. Horrible customer service and plants.THIS PLACE SUCKS!, we now go through Native Exotics, or try Carnivero. Beautiful and good priced. They actually care about these plants.
Drosera germination time

There are many factors that influence them, and th[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!