FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By sans
Is the site a good one to shop at? because it has some pretty low prices, for example a 3-5 year old venus fly trap costs 6 bucks

https://www.bugbitingplants.com/venus_flytraps2
By NightRaider
They're the supplier for the cubes you find in Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. I don't know of anyone who's ordered from them directly before, but they're perfectly legitimate as a company.
By Intheswamp
I don't know how much shipping would be, but it's probably at least as much as a flytrap costs.

Just a thought... With a little patience, waiting and watching until Walmart or Lowes, or some other big-box-store gets a shipment of flytraps in, you could buy an extra flytrap or two for what the shipping may be. If I was going to mailorder a flytrap it would be a named cultivar that is noted for specific characteristics. I think you'll be getting "typicals" for $6 online. The named cultivars will cost more...but, if you're just wanting typicals then a walk-in store would be the most cost-effective.
Gary liked this
By sans
Alright. Thanks!
By wcrosman
$9 shipping for a $3 plant seems excessive to me. California Carnivores shipping is $1 less. Still steep but priority mail.
By Gary
During the summer months I check the quantity of VFTs at Lowe's online. When the stock gets small, like 2-3, I check it daily to see when the next shipment comes in so I can snag a healthy plant. The folks at Lowe's keep their VFTs indoors in the dark and use tap water on them, so the last few of a given shipment usually look pretty ill.
Intheswamp liked this
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!