FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Supercazzola
Picked up a Brocchinia reducta from Florae Collaborative. The species is listed as Brocchinia reducta {Akopan Tepui plateau, Chimanta Massif, Venezuela}. I assume growing it alongside my Heliamphora in my modified chest freezer would be the best, with the temps being 75 in daytime, 55 at night, 90-100% humidity. My other choice is outside, but I assume it is too hot here in Florida, although other bromeliads do quite well here. I do have some grow tents with my intermediate Nepenthes in them as another choice.

There’s not a lot of info on these here on flytrapcare, but I see folks listing them in their grow list, so please share your growing conditions with me.
By Blackfeather666
I got mine from Kenny a few years back. I tried growing it outside in FL full season. It did ok. Last two years I have been growing it indoors. Under cheap lights, on the bottom shelf. Temperature 72/77. Been doing a lot better growth wise. It's been growing slow (snail) for me, I need to repot it. Last time I used lava rocks,lfm, perlite. They get really big. Manny has one at least two feet tall.
Attachments:
IMG_20230204_162252772.jpg
IMG_20230204_162252772.jpg (3.91 MiB) Viewed 1382 times
Mine
Mine
IMG_20230408_102719852.jpg (3.56 MiB) Viewed 1387 times
Camden, Supercazzola liked this
By NightRaider
Those conditions sound good to me. Mine came very small and probably took about a year for it to start making what I'll call "adult" leaves, but from what I've heard they're just very slow growers regardless. It's been in fairly similar conditions to what you're doing for the past year though, low 70s day-low 60s night, constant 80+% humidity, low-moderate light. Can't remember what mix I used or if I even repotted it out of PFT's mix, couldn't really tell with all the moss but iirc it was a turface-heavy blend like I used for hectioides and acuminata recently. I usually let it sit in 1/4-1/2" of water and top-water once or twice a week to fill the basin, and it's never had any complaints.
Attachments:
IMG_3854.jpg
IMG_3854.jpg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 1357 times
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!