FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Alyss
Can someone tell me if you can use a hps light for my vft? I am currently using a 600 watt ups light for my other plants. Just curious bc I don't get a lot of sunlight in my house. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
By Alyss
Can someone please tell me if I can use hps light on my vft? I 4amc cirrently using 600 watt hps light on my other plants. If so how many hours? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
By Chunky26
Hi all. I'm Sean. New here from South Wales uk...... just a bit of a newbie question was hoping someone could help. My venus flytraps have flowered . But I've noticed something wiered ....... on top but just below one of the floweres the plants started growing more traps at the end of the stalk? Never seen it before? Is it normal????
uxleumas liked this
By Shadowtski
Chunky26 wrote:Hi all. I'm Sean. New here from South Wales uk...... just a bit of a newbie question was hoping someone could help. My venus flytraps have flowered . But I've noticed something wiered ....... on top but just below one of the floweres the plants started growing more traps at the end of the stalk? Never seen it before? Is it normal????
This is called False Vivipary.
Here is a link to a thread discussing this: false-vivipary-traps-on-a-flower-stalk-t13086.html

I have seen this on some of my Drosera also.

Good growing,
Mike
By Shadowtski
Chunky26 wrote:Thanks for the help and the link Aha I take a read ..... how do I upload photos still not worked this out just yet? Can't seem to find how to get it from my camera album to here?
1) Click: POST A REPLY button. (not the QUICK REPLY)
2) Under the text box, you'll see a button labeled UPLOAD ATTACHMENT, click it.
3) Under that, there is a CHOOSE FILE button. Click it.
4) That opens up a file browser winder in your PC. Find your picture, select it, and click OK.
5) Click the button labeled ADD THE FILE.
6) Click in the text box where you want the file to appear.
7) Click the button labeled PLACE INLINE.
7) Click the SUBMIT button.

Good growing,
Mike
By MarkToni48
I have brought some venus seeds I have never had any before can any tell me if these are the real deal they are from china they were black after I potted them they have turned whitish colour now they have seemed to sprout giving a tiny green sprout is this right???
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
MarkToni48 wrote:I have brought some venus seeds I have never had any before can any tell me if these are the real deal they are from china they were black after I potted them they have turned whitish colour now they have seemed to sprout giving a tiny green sprout is this right???
If they're from China, then they are almost definitely not real VFT seeds. A lot of fake seeds come from China. However, nothing about that description you gave sounded too different from how VFT seeds sprout. Post a picture for confirmation.
By R4H33N77
when should i start feeding my Vft ??
By MikeB
R4H33N77 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:29 pmwhen should i start feeding my Vft ??
Is this a seedling, a new flytrap, or a flytrap that's waking up from dormancy?
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!