FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By cellsmicrobes
Welp, shop for bcp is open again. I have a lot of work so I prob won’t be able to lead, but I can participate. Anyone willing to join?
By ilovedrosera
How does this work? I have a bcp order that I can’t pay for.
By mcgrumpers
Awesome! Though I wouldn't be able to lead, I'd happily participate.
By Coco
Four participants so far! Besides a leader with a permit, how many more do we need?

(Also, if this group order doesn't go through, I'll obtain an import permit and spend the necessary time to plan and co-ordinate everything. But that won't be until I'm done with college, which will be next year.)
By ilovedrosera
I don’t actually know how this works. Can somebody explain. As long as I don’t have to pay too much, I’ll stay in.
By Coco
ilovedrosera wrote:I don’t actually know how this works. Can somebody explain. As long as I don’t have to pay too much, I’ll stay in.
The gist of it as said by a forum moderator named Hollyhock, "The leader also has to coordinate with BCP. The leader has to combine the orders and convert the currency from euros to dollars. The leader has to collect the payment from each participant. The leader has to follow up on the order. The leader has to sort each order once delivered and figure out shipping charges for each person.. just a few things that leader of a group order will do."

The whole point of getting a group is to reduce shipping/permit costs as everyone contributes depending on how many there are.
Coco liked this
By ilovedrosera
So how much do I have to pay? I don’t want to be a leader, but I still want to participate.
By Jeeper
It depends on the size of the order what the cost will be.

Things that affect price:

Total cost of the ordered plants in EUR
Phyto Certificate ~30EUR
EMS (~70EUR) shipping divided by #of participants in group
You need to send Kamil the payment through paypal and therefore the paypal fees for currency exchange US$ to EUR. (This fee gets bigger the larger the total cost is)
Shipping from Group leader to you for your plants.

This can be an expensive game to play, sensitive plants can show up dead, packages can sometimes get lost, etc...

I'll say that you need to be 100% in or not do it at all, once the order is placed, you owe money, you cannot back out or you will burn bridges with many people.

With that out of the way, I've enjoyed every BCP order I've been apart of with my group of friends. You get a chance to order some pretty cool and unique stuff, I've been hoarding a bunch of BCP stuff trying to grow it out, but I think this spring I need to start building a greenhouse so I'll probably be having a big sale...
By SEWinans
Honestly it’s very stressful to be the “leader.” A couple of years ago our package took weeks to arrive. I literally lost sleep. Now I only place solo orders or maybe grab one other person to split shipping with. It’s also illegal to use your permit to import plants for other people. I purchased CITES paperwork so that it was legal for me to do so.

Also be prepared to spend some decent $$ to have the package shipped from the inspection station to the leader’s home if you have a sizable order. It’s dependent on size/weight of package and you don’t find out the cost until the shipment arrives. Ours was a lot!!! If I remember correctly we had 18 people and it cost nearly $200 for FedEx to bring the package to my house from the USDA inspection station that’s located roughly 3.5 hours from my house.

Remember to obtain the dimensions of the package before BCP ships. You must know length, width, height, weight, and estimated value to create a shipping label through Fedex. You must fill it out so that the inspection station of your choice (will be designated on your green/yellow labels) is the sender and you’re the recipient. Email that label to BCP and they must include it inside of the parcel or your package will be stranded at the inspection station.
By ilovedrosera
I want tubers, bout I don’t want them that badly. I’m out!
By Coco
In that case, if there's not enough interest by next year when I obtain one I'll just go solo then.
By mcgrumpers
Randomly ended up looking at BCPs website this weekend... They have so many awesome plants that are not available in the US :!:

Is there any more interest in a group order?
What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!