FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By mhal408
Ok so im pretty sure i did a terrible job at repotting my carnivores, are there telltale signs that the plants are doing good or bad after repot?
Attachments:
20220829_172530.jpg
20220829_172530.jpg (4.82 MiB) Viewed 1462 times
By Panman
The repot looks good, but you are going to have a challenge in that all of the plants except for the flytrap are tropical plants whereas the flytrap is going to need a dormancy that those other plants won't survive.
By mhal408
Panman wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:31 pm The repot looks good, but you are going to have a challenge in that all of the plants except for the flytrap are tropical plants whereas the flytrap is going to need a dormancy that those other plants won't survive.
Oh i forgot to mention im in tropical country, you see the biggest vft in the pot? Those are 2+ years old in my care, the tiny ones are the new one. Also the neps are in separate tub from vft, i deliberately let less amount of water to be stored at the bottom.

Thanks you said it looked good calms me down :lol:
By Apollyon
Yeah the repot looks good man, if the temps stay high enough for the Nep then I'm curious how it'll play out. I've been experimental with my growing this year and have VFTs and some neps side by side but nothing like this :lol:
By mhal408
To be fair, the large vft has been acclimated to full sun here, been through 2 dry and wet seasons :D . I just hope i didnt damage the roots too badly. I dropped it facedown while trying to get it out of previous pot :o

Though the live sphagnum shows dried tips im sure its from the sun yesterday but at least most of it stays wet. :mrgreen:

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

^^^^ N. boschiana "BE 3643" x sanguinea […]

please and thank you :D Sent from my SM-S918U usi[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!