FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
I love seeing collections of carnivorous plants displayed in a natural looking setting. This month's contest is about bog gardens. Not everyone can have an extensive bog in their front yard (life goals) but container gardens are doable for most. Whether you have a landscaped bog garden or a container with several varieties of carnivorous plants, we want to see them.

Our standard rules apply:
  1. You can submit 1 photograph for this contest.
  2. It must be your own picture.
  3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
  4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, filters or collages. Cropping is okay.
  5. The winner will be the entry with the highest number of thumbs up (likes) votes.
  6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
  7. Members who have won within the past three months are not eligible for prizes but you can still enter.
  8. This contest is open internationally with an alternate prize for the winner.
The prize for this month is@Matt's favorite cultivar, the FTS Maroon Monster.

When talking about this plant, this is what Matt said:
I'd say my all-time favorite Venus flytrap is FTS Maroon Monster. It is a giant, quite vigorous for a red-leafed variety, and one of the first plants I grew from seed so it has sentimental value for me as well.
From the FlytrapStore website:
FTS Maroon Monster is a product of the Flytrap Store breeding program and tissue-culture lab, a unique seed-grown red plant that has exceeded expectations. How does FTS Maroon Monster compare with other red-leafed Venus Flytraps?
  • FTS Maroon Monster has thicker and more robust leaf growth than Akai Ryu.
  • FTS Maroon Monster has the intensely dark red trap interiors of Pink Venus, but with much larger traps and plant diameter, and much more vigorous growth.
  • FTS Maroon Monster has deep maroon traps inside and outside with contrasting lime-green edged traps like Royal Red, but with sturdier leaves, larger traps and more rapid growth.

So show us those pretty planters filled with the plants that we love!
Last edited by Panman on Wed May 01, 2024 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hedonista liked this
By andynorth
Panman wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:53 pm I love seeing collections of carnivorous plants displayed in a natural looking setting. This month's contest is about bog gardens. Not everyone can have an extensive bog in their front yard (life goals) but container gardens are doable for most. Whether you have a landscaped bog garden or a container with several varieties of carnivorous plants, we want to see them.

So show us those pretty planters filled with the plants that we love!
I have no yard bog or container bog. I have pools filled with different plants. Do those count?
By Panman
andynorth wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:10 pm [I have no yard bog or container bog. I have pools filled with different plants. Do those count?
I'm sorry, that doesn't fit with this month's theme. Be sure to take pictures though, as we will have a collection theme coming up.
By andynorth
Panman wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:59 pm I'm sorry, that doesn't fit with this month's theme. Be sure to take pictures though, as we will have a collection theme coming up.
That's what I thought. Good thing I am still not eligible to win :D :D :D .
By Garden_Nymph
My very first Mini bog way back from another site. One of the ladies was sending us all CPs and then we were starting to swap and grow our knowledge and collection together. It was a lot of fun!
My first Bog garden.jpg
My first Bog garden.jpg (152.18 KiB) Viewed 936 times
Panman, Jade, optique and 1 others liked this
By bay_area_botanicals
bay_area_botanicals wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:07 am Here’s my big! Established in late 2021
First photo is the current status and the following photos are Progression photos
Correction: bog*
Also the last photo is the current status, the images accidentally got uploaded in reverse haha
By Panman
One week into our contest, and here are the standings:
cpgrower126 3
Garden_Nymph 3
hollyhock 3
bay_area_botanicals 2
Hedonista 2
optique 2

It is still very early in the contest, so be sure to get your photos submitted (I've yet to do mine :?).

There are some great shots here, so be sure to vote for your favorite.
By hollyhock
Panman wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:59 pm
hollyhock wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:26 pm The "Bisnick" mini bog
Okay, I'll bite. What is Bisnick?
A mini bog build I found on this forum. Bisnicks was the member that posted the build. Very good instructions 👌
post195199.html#p195199

I can't provide any videos, but a heliamphora purp[…]

Hello!

You have all 3? That is way cool. What are you loo[…]

Our Postal Workers Hard At It

There may be some unprintable characters that made[…]

A Bumpy Photothread

PXL_20240512_215718666.jpg Undulatifolias first […]

Master Gardener Course

Anyone here ever done a master gardener certific[…]

Great. Thank you for that info. I will probably sp[…]

andynorth's Grow/want list

This is the actual S. flava var. ornata "ligh[…]

Can vft survive windy days?

Mine has been through 2 hurricanes and numerous st[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!